Rabu, 10 Juni 2026

some friendships are meant for a chapter, not a lifetime.

There was a time when I believed that true friends would always stay. That if a friendship ever faded, it had to be because of a major argument, a betrayal, or someone who needed to be blamed.

Life, however, has taught me otherwise.

Not every friendship ends with slammed doors, harsh words, or dramatic goodbyes.

Sometimes, people simply drift apart.

I've experienced moments that quietly hurt me, moments that may have seemed insignificant to others but stayed with me long after they happened. It wasn't about who was right or wrong. It was about realizing that, somehow, I no longer felt like I belonged in the moments we once shared.

So I chose silence.

Not because I wanted to punish anyone, but because I didn't know how to explain feelings I barely understood myself.

Time moved on, and so did we.

There was no hatred between us. No unresolved conflict. No need to convince others to take sides.

There was only distance.

And eventually, I realized that distance isn't always a tragedy.

Sometimes, it's simply life making room for different paths.

I've learned that not every friendship is meant to remain the same forever. Some people are meant to walk beside us through a particular chapter of our lives. They leave us with laughter, unforgettable memories, and lessons we'll carry long after they've gone.

Then, quietly, our stories begin to unfold in different directions.

I've never wanted anyone to choose between us.

I've never wanted to turn friendships into sides or competitions.

If they're still close, I'm genuinely happy for them.

If I've chosen to step back, that's a decision I've made for my own peace, not because I wish anyone harm.

Distance doesn't always mean resentment.

Not reaching out first doesn't always mean bitterness.

Sometimes, it simply means we've accepted that the connection has changed.

For a long time, I forced myself to stay in places where I no longer felt comfortable. I was afraid of being seen as distant, selfish, or someone who had changed.

But perhaps I had changed.

Not into someone colder.

Just into someone who finally understood that protecting my peace isn't the same as pushing people away.

I no longer feel the need to force every friendship to remain exactly as it once was.

I don't need to pretend to fit into conversations where I no longer feel at home.

I don't need to become someone else just to preserve a relationship that has naturally evolved.

Growing up has taught me something beautifully simple:

Not everyone is meant to stay forever.

Some people are seasons.

Some are chapters.

Some become beautiful memories.

And none of that makes what we shared any less meaningful.

If we cross paths again someday, I'll smile.

If we sit down and talk again, I'll gladly listen.

Because what faded wasn't my respect for them.

It was only the closeness we once had.

We didn't lose each other because we fought.

We simply grew in different directions.

And maybe that's one of adulthood's quietest lessons:

You can let people go without resentment.

You can cherish the memories without trying to relive them.

You can appreciate what once was, while making peace with what no longer is.

Some endings aren't failures.

They're simply gentle reminders that every person enters our lives for a reason, a season, or a chapter.

And that's enough.

Today, I no longer blame myself for friendships that have changed.

I choose gratitude over regret.

Because letting go isn't always about losing someone.

Sometimes, it's simply the most peaceful way to honor the story you once shared.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar